Established in 1996, the ADMAF Creativity Award celebrates outstanding Emirati talent in the visual and performing arts, literature and film.
The 2019 version of the Award, however, will only accept applications in the Literature category. The genres are Poetry, Drama, Prose, Non-fiction and Media.
Admission and selection criteria
- Entries are welcome from Emirati nationals aged between 18 and 35 years
- Each application must be supported by a nominator
- Group applications are accepted from up to two members (with one Emirati)
- The submission should not be more than three years old
- Nominator and applicant are requested to submit a completed application form, together with a completed work in the category of literature
- A jury selects the winner. They will be looking for the following attributes in the entries:
- Artistic merit
- Evidence of original and creative thinking
- Personal application of technical skills
- The winner will receive a cash prize of AED 10,000
- The winner will take part in a summer course overseas, courtesy of ADMAF
- The winner will attend the Award ceremony which will take place during the Abu Dhabi Festival in March 2019
- The winning work will be displayed in one of the Abu Dhabi Festival venues in March 2019