Dolce&Gabbana x ADMAF
Design Awards 2023
Launched in 2023, the awards empowers young designers from the UAE by providing training and guidance to enhance their contribution to cultural industries. In collaboration with Dolce&Gabbana this year, it expands opportunities for professional development in the sartorial craft.
This initiative presents extraordinary opportunities for career advancement, creative exploration, and the infusion of diverse perspectives and cultural influences. In collaboration with Dolce&Gabbana, it brings forth renowned expertise and exposure, fostering innovation and honouring the rich heritage of the region. By playing a crucial role in shaping the future of the creative industries, this initiative simultaneously promotes cultural preservation, creating a harmonious blend of tradition and modernity.
This new awards will provide UAE youths with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn about couture and design craftsmanship, enhance their skills, achieve their goals, and showcase their creative genius not just in Abu Dhabi, but on a global scale in the area of fashion, jewelry, and fragrance.
Applicants will showcase their creativity through five unique themes, Flowers, Lace, Patchwork, Hand Painted, and Embroidery with one exceptional abaya design becoming a finalist. The chosen five abayas will be part of a special capsule collection by Dolce&Gabbana, blending tradition and innovation for a remarkable fashion experience.
Applicants will have the opportunity to create exquisite Dolce&Gabbana unique high jewelry pieces. The art of Micromosaics for necklaces and earrings, as well as the theme of Pearls for bracelets and earrings will be explored. Additionally, a demonstration of craftsmanship by designing Watermark/Filigree wedding rings for both him and her.
Applicants will develop a fragrance inspired by the 5 Dolce&Gabbana Casa themes. From the bold Zebra and Leopard prints to the vibrant Carretto Siciliano and essence of summer embodied in the Blu Mediterraneo prints, as well as a luxurious and opulent fragrance with Gold. The fragrance will be a testament to their creativity and skill, with the chance for it to celebrated as a masterpiece in the world of scents.
PRIZE AND INTERNSHIP DETAILS
- 13 Finalists (5 Fashion, 5 Fragrance, 3 jewelry) will be invited to present their work at the annual Abu Dhabi Festival.
- A winner from each category will be awarded a 6-month paid internship program (Economy tickets, accommodation, allowance of 600 Euros per month) at Dolce&Gabbana in Milan or Legnano (Italy) in their respective fields. The internship program dates will be determined by Dolce&Gabbana's scheduling requirements.
- The competition is only open to UAE Nationals aged between 18 to 30 years, who have a passion for fashion, jewelry, or fragrance design.
- The competition is open to both university/college students and recent graduates (within the past three years).
- Applicants have the opportunity to apply to one of the three macro-categories, (Fashion, Jewelry, or Fragrance). Within their chosen category, participants can enter the competition for as many themes as they desire, with a minimum requirement of at least one theme entry.
- Applicants must possess a genuine interest in fashion, jewelry, or fragrance design, and showcase their skills and creativity through their submission.